Wreck diving can be one of the most exciting aspects of sport diving, however every effort must be made to maximize safe diving techniques. The SDI Wreck Diver Course will discuss the equipment and techniques commonly employed while wreck diving. This course may be taught as a non-penetration, 2 dives required, or as a limited-penetration course, requiring 3 dives. Limited-penetration is defined as a swim through or within the ambient light of entry point.
eLearning covers self-study material only. Additional Costs for pool training and open water check out dives.
- SDI Open Water Scuba Diver, or equivalent
- Minimum age 18, 15 for limited penetration course with parental consent
- Minimum age 10 with parental consent for a non-penetration course
- Junior Open Water Divers may not participate in any penetration activities or dives deeper than 18 metres/60 feet
- Divers must have a deep diver specialty certification or be able to provide proof of experience in order to dive deeper than 18 metres/60 feet in this course